Saturday, August 2

Well you know how I love coffee...

I had a friend over to stamp today and decided we should challenge each other with challenges from my blog. 
The previous three posts were some of what I did.

This next one for:
set our minds to racing.

Well, hers anyway. 
I just couldn't come up with a J that I wanted to try. She lifted up her coffee cup and inspiration jumped out at her...

JAVA

I was thrilled and thought we could both use it but she had other ideas for herself...so I stole Java. 
After all I LOVE coffee.

 I thought for sure I had at least one coffee stamp that said java. Nope not a single one.
My friend suggested a stencil. Would have been a great idea but I have no letter stencils.

Let me see...
 Scrabble letter stamps. 
Perfect.
I found paper that looked like the finger protectors for around your cup. Great background. 
Pull out my Tim Holtz stencil and add some coffee splotches.
 Added some die cut coffee beans and I was done.

The wonderful friend who gave me the Java idea did a beautiful card using the word Jade. 


Paperarts Cafe 

1 comment:

  1. Java! What a great "J" word! Such a great card. I can't believe that you created this without a coffee stamp. How creative! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!